PDA

View Full Version : The Toronro Star – The Little Car That Could

Webscout
06-25-2009, 08:09 AM
The Toronto Star – The Little Car That Could
http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/16/0a/e40dd1614f098beab4bf333a9206.jpeg

The Federal Government of Canada Department of Transport and the Ontario Government Ministry of Transportation will now allow shortly, LSEV (Low Speed Electric Vehicles), more commonly called Neighborhood Electric Vehicles in the U.S. (44 States allow them). In other words, the Quebec based and manufactured Zenn will be legal in Canada. A more extensive list of URL's is attached in a Microsoft WORD document for a more in depth look at this subject. But, a very cute article in the Toronto Star Business Section caught my eye, "The Little Car That Could . . ." It's a short story on low-speed zero-emission Electovaya car that will be rented to the public at Baltimore's Maryland Science Center (for $29 for two hours), battery technology from and car assemble in Mississauga (adjacent to Toronto), car shell from China and Exxon thin film membrane that boosts the power of the lithium-ion batteries. Can you believe this event and success?

The Toronro Star – The Little Car That Could . . .
http://www.thestar.com/article/655537

The attached WORD document goes into much more depth on the progress of this technology.

I think of the wise words of a Toronto City Councillor, who in essence said he'd sooner see seniors driving these electric vehicles (scooters, cars) that are restricted to 32-40 KM/H or 20-25 MPH, going on short trips (neighborhood vehicles) to shop, go to the pharmacy, get a hair cut, go to the post office, rather than drive that old large out of date Oldsmobile on the streets. I thought how wise a statement for safety, low cost and freedom of getting out.

Dude
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
I agree,
if I am going to get run over by a senior driver,
I would much rather it be in an electric car,
instead of an Oldsmobile.

Webscout
06-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Just noticed.....always check out a c&p..

The Toronro Star – The Little Car That Could ----error

The 'Toronto Star' – The Little Car That Could...correct