Go Back   The Utopia Forum >
Public Discussions > The Lounge
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply Share

Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 PM

johnisasmith will become famous soon enough
Default Iron Sky (2012) probably the best comedy of the year

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The Story of Iron Sky

In the last moments of World War II, a secret Nazi space program evaded destruction by fleeing to the Dark Side of the Moon. During 70 years of utter secrecy, the Nazis construct a gigantic space fortress with a massive armada of flying saucers.

When American astronaut James Washington (Christopher Kirby) puts down his Lunar Lander a bit too close to the secret Nazi base, the Moon Führer (Udo Kier) decides the glorious moment of retaking the Earth has arrived sooner than expected. Washington claims the mission is just a publicity stunt for the President of the United States (Stephanie Paul), but what else could the man be but a scout for the imminent attack by Earth forces? The Fourth Reich must act!

Two Nazi officers, ruthless Klaus Adler (Götz Otto) and idealistic Renate Richter (Julia Dietze), travel to Earth to prepare the invasion. In the end when the Moon Nazi UFO armada darkens the skies, ready to strike at the unprepared Earth, every man, woman and nation alike, must re-evaluate their priorities.

About the Film

Iron Sky is a dark science fiction comedy directed by Timo Vuorensola and will feature musical score composed by Laibach. The film is produced by Blind Spot Pictures and Energia Productions in Finland, and co-produced by 27 Films in Germany and New Holland Pictures in Australia. Principal photography took place in Germany in November-December 2010 and in Australia in January-February 2011.

Iron Sky premieres at the Berlin International Film Festival in February and opens in theaters in April 2012 with Finland opening on 4th of April and Germany on the 5th of April. Other countries will follow soon after.

The primary language of the film is English.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So the new date for the end of the world is 2018.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Admin

Dude is a jewel in the roughDude is a jewel in the roughDude is a jewel in the roughDude is a jewel in the rough

I had no idea that Hitler had spaceships, his technology was much more advanced in 1945 than I though.

But I never believed that story that he shot him self then got burned up.

[FAQ]

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.
~Pulp Fiction
Old 05-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Admin

Webscout is a jewel in the roughWebscout is a jewel in the roughWebscout is a jewel in the rough

So the new date for the end of the world is 2018. [...]

Give or take a few yrs....till they get it right.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Admin

Webscout is a jewel in the roughWebscout is a jewel in the roughWebscout is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I had no idea that Hitler had spaceships, his technology was much more advanced in 1945 than I though.

But I never believed that story that he shot him self then got burned up.
Looks like you are I are reading the same ..trash
Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Admin

Dude is a jewel in the roughDude is a jewel in the roughDude is a jewel in the roughDude is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webscout View Post
So the new date for the end of the world is 2018. [...]

Give or take a few yrs....till they get it right.
if at first you don't succeed, fry fry a hen.

or pick a new date for the end of the world.

if people were gullible enough to believe you the first time, most of them will probably go along with the next new end of the world date.

[FAQ]

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.
~Pulp Fiction
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Admin

Ok, I watched the movie Iron Sky, and it was a pretty good movie.

I love the opening scene where the space ship is flying and they are playing some old time music, it really is unique.

The whole movie is kind of an odd mash up of unrealistic crazy stuff, but it's done in a real believable way that some how makes it work.

overall I give it a thumbs up.

[FAQ]

~Pulp Fiction
Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Admin

....if it had a space ship....you are in
Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 PM

johnisasmith will become famous soon enough

So Canada will have a space warship, aaa... I meant space scienceship in 2018.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Admin

The US has more than enough space warships to cover Canada...they love being big brother to the rest of the World. aka Space Cops
Old 05-31-2012, 09:05 AM
Admin

the U.S. just likes to stick their nose in everyone's business.
I am sure that it would be the same way in space if given half a chance.

[FAQ]

~Pulp Fiction